Air blast hydraulic Oil Cooler is used for maintaining oil temperature & viscosity. It removes heat gained due to frictional losses of hydraulic system of mobile or stationary equipment
In a water cooled hydraulic oil cooler the oil is led along a bundle of copper pipes. At the same time coolant runs through these pipes and cools down the oil. A water cooled hydraulic oil cooler can be a very effective cooling system for intensively used hydraulic systems. When using a water-cooled oil cooler it is important to regularly inspect the cooler for contamination. When the water in a water-cooled oil cooler becomes contaminated this reduces the cooling capacity.
Water-cooled systems use cold water to remove heat, with hot and cold fluids separated by a barrier. Compared to air-cooled systems of equivalent capacity, water-cooled systems have lower up-front costs. They’re also quiet, compact, and do not alter the surrounding ambient temperature. Variations in air temperature have little or no effect on cooling capacity, which allows for greater consistency. Meanwhile, the system’s heated water can be used for other on-site purposes.
APPLICATIONS OF WATER COOLED HYDRAULIC OIL COOLER:
- Lubrication Oil System,
- Hydraulic Press,
- Hydraulic Oil Cooler and Oil Cooler for Mobile Trucks
- Food Process Industry,
- Power Generation,
- Hydraulic and Industrial Process,
- Mining & Construction Industry,
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Construction machinery (cranes, pumps, rotary drilling rig),
- Ship metallurgical and mining machinery and other hydraulic circuit cooling.
ADVANTAGES OF WATER COOLED HYDRAULIC OIL COOLER:
- corrosion resistance
- Long working life
- Minimum maintenance
Air heater is an important Boiler auxiliary which primarily preheats the combustion air for rapid and efficient combustion in the furnace. The air heater recovers the waste heat from the outgoing flue gas of a Boiler and transfers the same to the combustion air. In a utility Boiler the flue gas leaves the economizer at a temperature of around 3800C. As every 550C drop in flue gas temperature improves the Boiler efficiency by about 2.5%, having an air heater in the downstream of economizer the Boiler efficiency is considerably improved. Further the air heater may also be iised for heating the air to dry the coal in the pulverizing plant.
Advantages of Using Air Heater:
The recovery of waste heat from the flue gas and heating the air required for Boiler In an air heater gives the following advantages.
- a) The Boiler efficiency is increased.
- b) More stable combustion in furnace.
- c) The combustion is intensified with the use of hot air.
- d) Lower grades of coals can be burnt efficiently with hot-air.
- e) The use of hot air, improves the heat transfer rate and so less heat transfer area will be required.
- f) The combustion is made complete with negligible amount of carbon in ash.
- g) Faster load variations are possible.
- h) The coal can be dried effectively for easy pulverization and combustion.