Finned tube heat exchangers have tubes with extended outer surface area or fins to enhance the heat transfer rate from the additional area of fins. Finned tubes or tubes with extended outer surface area enhance the heat transfer rate by increasing the effective heat transfer area between the tubes and surrounding fluid. The fluid surrounding finned tubes maybe process fluid or air.
Applications of Finned Tube Type Heat Exchanger:
- Finned tube heat exchangers are often used in power plants as an exhaust gas heat exchanger to increase the efficiency factor. Further applications in power plants are the preheating of combustion air as well as the condensation of exhaust steam from steam or ORC turbines.
- In Industrial dryers finned tube heat exchangers will be used for heating of air by hot water, steam or thermal oil in large quantities.
- In many industrial production processes, such as for the air conditioning of buildings, finned tube heat exchangers are used as an air cooler for cooling down or re-cooling of liquids. Due to the problems with Legionella, the high consumption of fresh water, as well as the elaborate water treatment, closed cooling circuits with finned tube heat exchangers will be used instead of cooling towers with open water circuit.
[basel_gallery images=”4793,4794,4795,4796″ view=”grid” spacing=”30″ columns=”1″ caption=”” lightbox=”” img_size=”800×450″]
FINNED TUBE HEAT EXCHANGERS
ADVANTAGES OF FINNED TUBE HEAT EXCHANGERS:
- Robust construction of finned tube heat exchanger that can withstand operating conditions over a long period.
- Maximum transmission quality.
- High condensation rate.
- Wide application and temperature spectrum (range).
- Ideal for gas-liquid or gas-vapor heat transfer.
- Available as stainless steel finned tube heat exchanger.
- Highest reliability of operation through extensive quality inspection.
TECHNICAL DATA FINNED TUBE HEAT EXCHANGERS:
|Medium:||air, flue gas, exhaust, thermal oil, water, water-glycol mixture, brine, refrigerant, other media with known material data|
|Temperature:||standard heat exchanger to 560 ° C by special materials also higher|
|Thermal power:||standard heat exchanger to 10 megawatts (MW), through combos and special designs virtually unlimited|
|Pipe materials:||carbon steel, stainless steel, hastelloy or special materials|
|Ribs materials:||carbon steel, stainless steel, non-ferrous metal, hastelloy or special materials|
|Ribs execution:||extruded ribs, grooved ribs, welded ribs etc.|
|Thermal insulation & surface treatment||according to the customers specification|